Friday, June 13, 2008

Magnetic Chore Chart

I thought of this idea to make my own magnetic chore chart for my kids Don't look too close because it's not perfect. The back of the round magnets leave a little residue/stain on the paper when you play around with them too much. I used a cookie sheet from the dollar store and "cuttin up" with "George" to make the words and boxes.



Some tips if you are going to try this:

*Design out what you want on paper first

*Create one chart per child

*Cover the decorated paper with a clear transparency

*There is no good way I have found to adhere the ribbon on the sheet to support the weight of the chart so you can pop a small nail through the upper left and right corners to support it and use the ribbon (mine was duct taped to the back) just for decoration.

* Make sure you hang it in a spot where everyone will see it and the kids will return to often enough to move the magnets to "done" when they are finished.

4 comments:

Jaimee said...

So cute! I'm sharing this in a Tips On Tuesday - Chore Charts post on my blog : )
Jaimee @ craft-interrupted.blogspot.com

Sara @ CleverPinkPirate.com said...

Thanks for sharing, love that you turned a dollar store cookie sheet into this! Sharing this on my blog :)

Kt Jones said...

Hello,
I just read your blog and found it very interesting to see your ideas.
I found this website which might be helpful for some of your make-at-home crafts.
Take a look at www.mag-print.co.uk to see if they have anything which is of any use to you in your craft activities.
Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing..